We're hiring a Software Architect
We are looking for a Software Architect to join the Digital Transformation division.
Progress Technologies is a passionate and highly skilled team of engineers in the mechanical, electronic, and software fields. With the theme of manufacturing innovation, we are offering technical services in the design development process to major manufacturers in Japan.
Digital Transformation is Progress Technologies’ newest service offering to our enterprise customers in order to help them take advantage of digitization opportunities and avoid its pitfalls. From strategy, organization and new business concepts to the core technology, change management and realized results.
As a Software Architect in the Digital Transformation division you will be responsible for software architecture design and technical excellence of a product across the entire lifecycle including planning, development, launch, and closure phases of a project. The responsibilities include not only planning the product development and testing, but actively managing the SW deliverables, reporting status against the plan, and leading the resolution of issues that are blocking the team from making progress.
- Develop/Contribute in defining software design strategies
- Identify architectural constraints of systems, based on customer, market, technology and business needs
- Define and create systems and overall software architectures
- Help review and specify new requirements based on customers and industry needs
- Participate in design, architectural and code reviews as a software expert
- Watch and monitor designated code areas as a technical owner
- Present technical solutions and architectures to internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree and 10+ years experience designing and implementing enterprise software systems
- Strong fundamental knowledge of computer engineering, operating systems and SDLC
- Broad technical background with general knowledge of full stack development, public cloud, micro-service architecture, etc.
- Proven technical leadership skills
- Experience using rapid prototyping tools for software solutions
- Experience in all phases of the software development process (Requirements, Scope, Design/Plan, Develop, Test, and Customer Acceptance.)
- Must have a “whatever-it-takes” attitude using diplomatic leadership skills within a collaborative teamwork environment to accomplish the necessary results
- Ability to communicate advanced and complex concepts and ideas persuasively and concisely to all levels of the business
- Professional oral and written communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively with business and technology stakeholders
Good to have
- Experience managing offshore and inshore software engineers
- Business level Japanese
When you join PT
Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create a positive change. We offer flexible hours, remote work, support for getting certifications, a good working environment and the opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Applications are open!
Apply today by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates will be contacted for an interview. Thank you to all those who applied to work with us!